Chief Operations Officer
Through the many opportunities that participating in competitive sports from the age of 5 through college afforded him, Ryan realized that he wanted to help others improve their quality of life through physical activity and help competitive athletes make the best of all the opportunities sports can provide to get a great education and enhance their lives.
Ryan McKie began his coaching career at Performance QSA, but first as a high school athlete preparing to play college football. By developing a good relationship with Owner Vaughn Bethell, he began working part time in college, while pursuing a degree in Health & Exercise Science at Furman University and being a student – athlete on the varsity football team. From a part time position, to intern, to full time, he has moved “up the ladder” to become the leader of the TeamQSA training staff, management staff and clientele. He does this through a realistic, educational and inspirational approach that is also supportive and motivational.
Ryan’s principal of training the body as the athletic machine it is designed to be, has helped develop some of the best high school, college and professional athletes in the Upstate and even around the South East Region including:
- Brandon Inge – 3B of the Detroit Tigers, MLB All-Star
- Nick Eason – DT of the Super Bowl winning Pittsburgh Steelers
- Brian Bratton – 2x CFL Grey Cup Champion with the Montreal Alouettes
- Will Ford – Running Back with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers – MEAC All-time Leading Rusher
- Brandi Jackson – LPGA
- Jay Haas – PGA & Champions Tour
- And many other NFL & MLS draft prospects
He has trained various teams and organizations such as:
- Furman University Baseball Team
- Furman University Men’s Soccer Team
- Carolina One Club Volleyball Team
- Greenville High School Men’s & Women’s Lacrosse Teams
- And many other local high school athletic teams pre/post season programs
Through training these different athletes and realizing that the methodologies of training them may be different but the principles were all the same, he spawned the birth of The BEAST Method, of which he is Co-Owner and Co-Founder.
With the help of the TeamQSA Coaching staff The BEAST Method has evolved into a training methodology and athlete analysis for athletes of all levels.
Ryan is also a contributor to the Elite Training Mentorship along side some of the Nations leading Coaching and Fitness experts. He has also spoke at state high school coaches’ conventions on sports performance. He currently holds certifications as an Ignite 360 Level 3 Performance Coach and IYCA High School Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
o. 864.233.9309 ext. 12